If you want to attract more customers to your hairdressing salon, or get them to have more regular treatments, or spend more on their hair care products, then you might need to modernise your salon equipment.
1. Maybe your salon furniture has seen better days. Your hairdressing chairs might not look as good as they once did, and are a bit saggy, or uncomfortable. Perhaps your clients have to sit in a different area of your salon to have their hair washed, before having it cut.
2. Perhaps people passing by your window have a bad image of your salon. Your reception area might not look inviting and welcoming, or the pictures on your wall might not have been updated for years, and look out of fashion. Perhaps your wallpaper or paint is peeling, and the reception desk is untidy.
3. Maybe you want to take advantage of new technology, or have more appropriate furniture, so that you can serve your clients better, and make them feel more relaxed and comfortable.
4. You might want to update your salon equipment as trends and colours change. If you’re using furniture or equipment that looks out of date because of the colour, shape or size, then it’s probably not going to inspire your clients to want to have a more comprehensive hair treatment or complicated haircut.
5. You might want to make better use of your floor space and have more stations, so that you can cut more people’s hair at the same time, or offer new services. Changing your salon furniture for something more appropriate might make a big difference to your turnover and profit.
6. Perhaps you now have a different type of customer, and your salon needs to reflect this. You might be seeing a lot of young professionals who get their hair cut in their lunch hour, or maybe because of your location, you are attracting an older clientele. Does your salon give the right impression?
7. It might be that you’ve started to cut men’s hair as well, and so you’ll need to change your salon to make it more appealing to men. What about having more stylish furniture, or having a TV, or offering to shave your male customers?
8. You might want to offer new beauty services to your customers, like nail and skincare treatments, or massages. You’ll need to make sure that you have all the treatment tables, chairs and storage you need for your staff to do these beauty treatments.
9. Perhaps you want to attract new customers, and just having a good reputation isn’t enough these days. How will having new furniture and equipment, and offering new services appeal to your target audience?
10. If you’re in a very competitive area, or want to stand out from the other salons in your town, then you’ll need to do something different. How would your new look salon offering more treatments and services stand out from your competition?
Now you know more about why your salon might need updating, do you need new salon or hairdressing equipment?