In today’s complex technological environment, determining how to reduce IT infrastructure costs can be a daunting task. Doing more with less has become a common practice for IT professionals. However, in order to maximize productivity and curtail costs, a well-balanced approach is required. Here are few guidelines that will help an entrepreneur or a business organization to figure out effective strategies that can lower the operational costs of IT infrastructure.
Here are five tips that would help to save thousands while managing the IT infrastructure:
1. Consolidate- In the present era of rapid technological evolutions, consolidation is the key. Most of the company’s major chunk of expenses goes to telecom service providers as they include multiple locations and connectivity lines coming into a single facility, here, consolidation can save great deal of money. On the other hand, by consolidating data centers, you can do away with smaller ones and can keep only larger ones, thus resulting in improved data center efficiency and reduced networking costs.
2. Virtualization- By virtualization, you can significantly improve your hardware and energy savings to great extent. With virtualization, you can easily create a private cloud to make best use of available resources. In addition to this, by grouping servers or hardware, improved performance would lower the maintenance costs. This helps to make best use of existing infrastructure and resources, thereby providing better ROI while ensuring better service flexibility.
3. Re-organize- Remote services, around the clock monitoring, technical support and infrastructure management enables IT assets to work efficiently without any disruptions. Moreover, by moving data storage and disaster recovery to the cloud, it is easy to reduce the number of non-working incidents and their impact on the overall productivity of the business, thus resulting in improved recovery capabilities and controlled IT infrastructure costs.
4. Hybridize- Present IT environment is flooding with options, whether it is regarding advance technology solutions, service providers or even pay-per-use models. However, to stay ahead of the technological curve, it has become essential to analyze business needs, create a custom configuration of requirements and then avail a customized package that aligns with your company’s functionality and business objectives. To gain wholly from the offered solution, never compromise on your business needs; rather get a personalized package that assists in developing an edge.
5. Optimize- By optimization we mean that the focus should be on getting maximum value from the money spent. For this, the best method is streamlining internal work processes, re-evaluate how you deliver support internally, take into account asset management, these minor efforts would enhance productivity and potentially boost bottom line results. This will give a fair idea, where lies the opportunities to cut IT infrastructure expenses.